Monday, August 30, 2010

Extension and Orphanage

It is approx. 11:30pm central time. We are heading out again today to visit our orphanage and to see about getting an extension to our 30-day Visa. The last thing we need is to find ourselves in the country without the proper approval. We found out today that Lauren Kitchens did a newspaper interview back home. We found out because it has apparently made many folks upset as she painted the trip as somewhat of a vacation while we wait. I assure you this is no vacation that anyone would want. As you can imagine we too are upset at the news of the article as we were all told not to involve the media.

The good news is that the city has removed the garbage from this area (the area where most people visiting Kathmandu stay). Apparently, they just dumped it into another part of the city. The newspaper here says that officials are now worried about an epidemic of plague (ok so that is not such great news).

3 comments:

  1. Well, I don't even know what to say...about the newspaper article or the garbage and potential plague. My prayers will continue diligently. I am pleading with the Lord to protect you and to bring you home safely very soon. You know we love you and we certainly miss you guys more than you know. Stay positive and give that little man a huge hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the article. I don't think it was too terrible. So, hopefully it won't impede any progress you've made. We continue to pray for you guys & your "fat" boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you guys, and believe Roger Wicker's office will help get this accomplished. Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete