Friday, August 20, 2010

From Senator Wicker's Office

We received this in an e-mail earlier today. Please take time to read and provide action if you can. We are in debt to so many of you for your hard work on our behalf - THANK YOU!

From Kim Chamberlin (Senator Rodger Wicker)
The Senator has sent a letter to the Consulate asking that all the documents that you guys submitted be accepted JUST LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN FOR PRIOR APPLICANTS.
He has also stressed that the applications need to be processed in the 2-3 weeks JUST LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN FOR PRIOR APPLICANTS.
SO, that means, we must give the Consulate the time that you were going to anyway to process these. I would suggest that we wait the shortest time you were planning to (2 weeks) and then we put more pressure on, if they are not complete.
If what you guys have been told about the kids’ history is correct, they should be able to verify quickly and get ya’ll out of their hair.
What I would suggest now is that you tell everyone OUTSIDE OF MS that is asking how to help to ask their Senators and Congressmen to send a letter asking the same thing as Rodger Wicker. What we hope to stress to the Consulate is that we understand that they have found irregularities, but they are addressing that by not accepting ANY MORE REFERRALS. Oh yeah, and tell them to pray for you guys and the others. There are 80 families in the situation that you are in but luckily only 13 or so are in-country.

3 comments:

  1. This seems like great news! As for the out of state people we are on it! Stay positive!
    Much Love,
    Athena and Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will talk to Jamie's parents and to our friends in Georgia and ask them to write letters to their representatives as well.
    We'll keep working! They can't ignore all of us!
    Ania and Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a good contact with my congressman Greg Walden here in Oregon. I'll see what I can do!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete