Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Problems Keep Coming

The US Embassy in Nepal notified us today that two of our forms have expired. They haven't. We have copies of these forms and the expiration dates are in October. Of course they can't accept our documents and they will need to be resent from a processing center in the US (this could add time - but we have contacted our senators yet again to see what strings they can pull). It is as if our embassy is acting against us and not for us. It also does not give me a great deal of confidence in their ability to conduct an investigation when they can't read a date on a form.
We are staying the course and we are going to fight the very best fight we can to bring this deserving child back home.
We have heard that there are a total of eight couples in Nepal from the US trying to finalize their adoptions. We have also heard that all of them are as disheartened at the process and we and Lauren are. From being here for only a few days we can tell you that these children need out of here. The orphanages are full to over flowing with children. Children that were abandoned! And there is the problem in the eyes of our embassy. Since parents did not sign over their rights, it is difficult to determine if these children are orphans. The Nepal government has claimed them as orphans, but apparently our embassy does not trust their government. Is there corruption in the system? Probably in isolated cases. But should this keep hundreds if not thousands of children from being placed in loving homes?
Some good news - we visited our child again today and had a wonderful time. This of course makes the bad news seem even worse. We know so very many in the US are fighting for us. Your calls and e-mails to officials mean everything to us and they can't be ignored. Through the attention our cases have been given we were informally contacted by CNN for a story. We are unsure right now if we will accept this as making the embassy mad will not help our cause. What has and will continue to help is your support. Your calls to congress, the State Department, White House (yes there are calls into the White House) will get this pushed to a positive resolution. Please know you are all in our hearts as we are in yours. We are forever grateful!

5 comments:

  1. Hey guys. I was out of pocket yesterday afternoon and night and didn't have Internet access. I really hoped I wouldn't be reading posts like this. The US Embassy better get their act together. They don't know who they are messing with!! Just kidding. I can only imagine how wonderful it is to meet your child and play with him. I'm praying God will create a way for this to end positively. He can work MIRACLES...don't forget that! Love to y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll do what we can as far as the letters and call to the government officials! I realize that dealing with immigrations is generally a stressful experience but I am certain that the outcome will be positive!
    Ania & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to hear such positive words though the embassy is seemingly acting like dodo birds. We will take action on this end. I'm quite happy to contact the white house!! We are praying and staying positve and hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you constantly. I've sent emails to the president, the secretary of state, the governor, both senators, and two congressmen. I'll start working on the other congressional offices next. It is a small state and you never know who might know whom. If it is not resolved by Monday, I'll start making phone calls. I really want this to work out for you. Anthony's been back into the tutus lately... He clearly needs another little boy to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad to hear of your difficulties! I have forwarded your blog to my "praying FB friends" and they are a great group of people! I've also sent it to our local congress candidate to see what he might be able to help us with, too. Right now it seems impossible, but remember, "With man this is impossible, but with God All things ARE possible." Matthew 19:26 and again Mark 10:27 states: "With man this is impossible, but not with God; All things ARE possible with God." and don't forget Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Be present and let God do the rest!! We'll be praying for you

    ReplyDelete