Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Second Post Today

If you are just logging in read the previous post first. Today we were able to extend our tourist visa for another 30 days (we can't stay that long but that is the shortest extension). It is hard to believe that we have been in Nepal for nearly 3-weeks. We visited the orphanage again today and again it was great. We are yet to see our child cry or even act fussy. He was a bit put out with his friend today so he hit him in the head with a book. We laughed so he tried to do it again - we tried to stop laughing. He danced, read books, and acted like a 3 year old boy - it was great!

Upon getting back to the hotel we had an e-mail from the embassy. They were telling us that they have asked for an extension to the signing of the adoption decree on our behalf. While we are grateful we are scared to read the time-line that they noted (see image below). However, we believe this is a form letter and the time-line is likely for those families still in the U.S. who will be filling their forms very soon.

The newspaper article that I noted in the previous post has found its way into the Nepal national paper. We could not believe our eyes when we saw the headline. The writer and newspaper (to be named later) back home must have contacted the papers here in Nepal. The article is not bad, but we worry it could hurt Lauren as I am sure the embassy is quite aware of the article.

The garbage strike is over. Terms have been agreed upon and the garbage is moving!

4 comments:

  1. So glad the garbage strike is OVER! That had me worried for y'all. Again, Anderson seems to be a true joy, and I am so glad y'all get to visit with him. I know it saddens you to make fewer trips to the orphanage. As for the letter, let's pray it is a form letter and that your investigation is almost complete. Thankfully your visa was extended. I just wish the embassy would tell you something about where they are in the investigation. Love hearing from you guys. It brightens my day so much. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of each one of these administrative hurdles (letters, extensions ...) as a step closer to your goal of taking this wonderful little boy home with you. He sounds like a charming three-year-old. Four-year-olds are even more fun, so envision life a year from now and take the steps to get there. I say that knowing that it must seem like climbing Mt. Everest - one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always glad when there is a post for all of us to read when I sign in to blogger. I am praying for you guys every day and know that there is a reason for all of this happening. I am so glad to hear Anderson is full of energy and loves seeing you guys! Why wouldn't he! :) I hope and pray for a resolution for you two soon. XOXO- Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karyn,
    Just wanted to let you know that Ms. Amy Fountain gave me your blog site. I had no idea about the process you and your husband were going through until Amy told me. I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you guys and my Bible study has added you to our prayer list as well. I'm so sorry that all this is happening to yall, but hang in there! My younger brother is adopted from Russia and I remember the long painful adoption process, but the joy of finally having the child is priceless. I pray that this joy comes to both very soon. I look forward to reading more posts soon.
    Love,
    Meryl

    ReplyDelete