Thursday, August 12, 2010
Kathmandu
We made it to Kathmandu, Nepal. With very little sleep (less than an hour) in the past 46 hours we are all quite tired. Kathmandu is an amazing city of just over 21 million. Our trip from the airport to the hotel took just over 30 min. and along the way we were treated to may new sites, sounds, and smells. Monkeys on fences, cows laying in the streets, and 21 million people trying to get around a city without any stop lights. I must find a power converter for this laptop or these posts will soon stop. Kathmandu uses 230 volt electricity. I found this out when I plugged in my small fan (that I brought from home) and it caught on fire! I wont make that mistake with the laptop. Below is a picture from the street outside of our hotel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness!!!! So glad y'all made it there. Wow. Exciting, stressful and overwhelming all at the same time. So glad you plugged the fan in first! Ha! Prayers, prayers, prayers being sent your way!! I hope you are able to find an adaptor for the computer b/c selfishly I really want you to be able to continue updating us! Love y'all.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're there! Yes, stop what you're doing and go find an adaptor! I'm with Kelli, glad you tried plugging in the fan first, and very selfishly desperate for your updates to continue! After you find an adaptor, go get some rest ;)
ReplyDeleteHow in the world are you going to sleep without a fan?? That is worth any amount of rupee they charge.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing experience. Katie and I send our prayers!
Dad and I echo both Kelli and Amy!
ReplyDeleteWishing you both sweet(and cool)dreams, and a surplus of adapters!!!
I miss you Karyn! I love you and I think about all three of you every day! I say a prayer every time I think about you.
ReplyDeleteMonkeys on fences-- that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your updates and miss you guys!! I hope you get some sleep... our schedules are the same now, though!
Penny and I send our love!!
Yay!! You are there :). Please do find that adapter... I don't know if we could all handle not being updated. I am praying for you guys. I hope that the rest of the trip can be more restful and that God will give you a peace while you are there and on the journey home. Can't wait for the next update!
ReplyDeleteI think of y'all every day and send thoughts and prayers your way. Hope you all were able to get some much needed rest and can't wait to hear more about this experience.
ReplyDeleteYour laptop will be fine. The laptop battery can convert 240 to 120. I use it all the time in India.
ReplyDeleteDeepak