Today is one of the bad days. We learned that three U.S. families found out that their cases are being referred to New Delhi, India. Our embassy here in Nepal can only approve immigration visas they can't deny them. However, sending them to New Delhi is the same as a denial. Once they are referred to New Delhi, the time line is another four to six months, and it will likely not be a positive outcome. At our first meeting with the embassy they explained this to us and said that if referred, they were no longer associated with the investigation or outcome. At the time I remember thinking - what an easy way out for the embassy. Well it appears they may have come to the same realization. Unlike us, the other families involved have already adopted their children. This means they can stay here and wait, they can travel to New Delhi and wait, or they can abandon the children and return home and wait. None of these are good or even realistic options for middle class families who work. We know each case is different and I hate to give the impression that the embassy is working against us. I think they are trying to cover their butt. However, it comes at the expense of the parents and more importantly the children.
If we knew what could be done we would try and do it and we would ask for your help. Senator Wickers office is frustrated with the lack of information from the State Department, yet they continue to scream and push on our behalf. This is all beginning to feel like the first week we were here - hopeless.
It saddens me to hear that other families have been referred to New Delhi. As you said, it makes you more worried about your adoption and whether the embassy is just referring them because they don't want to deal with it or be the ones to make a mistake. Just remember that God is faithful, and His will will be done with Anderson. I continue to pray that God's will is for you to come home with Anderson. That's really all we can do for now. Our human nature is to want to fix things and make them right, but we have to rely on God and remember He is in charge...as hard as it is. God has carried you this far, so don't give up on Him yet :). I am praying hard right now. I miss y'all and hope that you get good news soon. Love you.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Kelli - we just have to have faith and hope. Stay strong, you've made it this far for some reason.
ReplyDeletehow devastating to have adopted children & not be able to bring them home. my prayers are with those families as well as you & Karyn and your little nugget. stay strong, stay in prayer & in the Word....it will give you hope!!
ReplyDeleteKelli is right, but gosh, I'm having a really hard time maintaining that mindset right now! I can only imagine how you must feel. Stupid embassy just needs to figure out that instead of dodging this responsibility, they could have a hand in placing a precious child with a wonderful family. Why wouldn't they want to see that happen? (Does anyone know Angelina Jolie or Madonna...they seem to be able to get through international adoptions in the span of a weekend?)
ReplyDeleteI tend to be stubbornly optimistic, and I just know your outcome will be different from the others. But, my heart is broken for those who have received that terrible news. I know only God can provide the comfort you need right now, but I hope you can also feel big hugs coming from the west.
I'm so sorry that you are having to endure this. I don't understand how the American government could put children, any children, in a situation where they could be abandoned, or harmed in any way. I will never be able to understand that. Our thoughts and prayers remain with you and all these beautiful little children.
ReplyDeleteDon't lose hope. Anything can change in an instant, and your case could be the inspiration for all of us waiting at home. All it takes is one moment of grace, one light amidst darkness. Keep seeing your child's smiling face safe in your home, in your arms. I am so sad and sorry for the other families.
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and everyday I wake up hoping that you will be able to come home as a family. I am devastated to hear that the 3 families were referred to New Dehli and that the outcome is most likely not a good one, but there is always hope even in the most hopeless of situations. Keep your head up and we will keep you in our thoughts and fighting how we can.
ReplyDeleteMike and Karyn,
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Don't give up! We are all still praying, it's the best weapon we have! Keep the faith! There are lots of people praying and fighting for you so Things can still work!
Athena and Andrew.
Hey Michael and Karyn,
ReplyDeleteIt's probably difficult to see the positive side to this. Certainly it is very sad for those couples, and the children that received that news. However, if your case was in the same 'boat' wouldn't you have been included in that? Just a thought...keep the chins up. I mean if the embassy was truly taking the easy way out of this, wouldn't it be implemented across the board? Maybe they truly are looking at each case individually and if so, it should bode well for you!
Hang in there guys! We're praying for you daily and missing you lots. There's even a little black and white furry girl missing you :).
ReplyDeleteCallie Henderson
I am praying for you so many times throughout the day! My church friends are praying as well. Our God can move mountains! I'm praying he will for you. Best wishes for you and Anderson.
ReplyDeleteWe will do whatever we can on this side. I'm praying and hoping everyday. Don't give up because none of us have!!!
ReplyDelete