Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Kathmandu Zoo

Today we took our trip to the Kathmandu zoo. While in the heart of the city it is quite a nice little zoo with plenty of animals indigenous to the Himalayan region. We were able to pet an elephant see some crazy swinging monkeys and chase a goose. All in all it was a good day for the Brown family.
While at the zoo we ran into three other U.S. families and their adopted children. Diwas rekindled his friendship with the girl he met at the park by offering her a juice box. I hope that does not constitute a dowry toward marriage. The other families are living here waiting for the review of their investigation to be completed. We will check on the status of our travel documents tomorrow hoping that they will be ready soon.

5 comments:

  1. Finally got the pictures to come up. We are so delighted and excited to see all of you and the fullness of joy that glows in your faces. We love you and can hardly wait to meet our newest family member! We are so happy for you! SEnding our love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics you all have been posting and reading about your time there! It makes my heart smile for you two and sweet Diwas! So cute! I really look forward to seeing you all again and meeting your son.

    XOXO--Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look so happy! I am so glad you are with your little boy. I am praying for the travel document to come quickly. There is no place like home! Diwas is going to love his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just realized I could post a comment to let you know we are thinking of you. Reading your posts everyday. Can't wait for you 3 to come home. So happy for you! Carmen W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like y'all had a lot of fun! He is such a cute little boy...I just want to pinch his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete