Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Visit and Flying Goats

We had another great visit today. The weather was clear and the sun was warm so we spent the visit in the outdoor play area. His friend, caretaker, and the orphanage director joined us. It is obvious that they are thrilled we are adopting but understandably sad that one of their favorites will be leaving the orphanage. They tell us that he is ready to leave with us and they talk with him about getting on a big plane to go to his new home. It is clear that he is sad when we leave the orphanage, but we certainly are not convinced he realizes just how upside down his world is about to become.
During our drive home Karyn said "what is that" followed by a short scream. From where I am was sitting I could not see, but apparently someone was transporting their goat on the top of a city bus (yes you can do that here). When they were lowering the goat it broke loose and crashed to the ground. I am happy to say that as we drove by the goat he was fine, just a bit startled from his 15 foot fall.
We will be heading back to the orphanage again today, then an embassy meeting tomorrow/Monday morning to check in and be sure we have all of the correct paperwork, then to the orphanage in the afternoon. The e-mail correspondence with the embassy has been great and they have been very helpful. Then on Tuesday we are scheduled to sign the adoption decree. Wish us luck that all goes as planned.

6 comments:

  1. A flying goat, huh?! That's pretty funny. And, I still can't believe you are there and have visited with little man twice now!! How exciting! I have often wondered what will go through his mind as he is getting on the plane to come to the U.S. He truly will be in a different world. However, he has the BEST parents in the world to help him adjust and learn so many new and wonderful things. Love y'all and so thankful for another update. I pray the embassy visit tomorrow will be uneventful and all of your paperwork will be there and nothing will be out of place. Wow. He has no idea how lucky he is :). About to head to bed--figured I'd check one more time for a post--SO glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying so much for y'all! I'm so thankful your trip has gone smoothly. I CANNOT wait to meet your newest family member-- he is very very blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you all. I am sure everything will go smoothly. We are all looking forward to meeting the new Brown child. He is blessed and you are too. Blessings all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flying goats eh.. hmmm...I guess ya'll have seen everything there. haha! Be safe and your in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome, we all need to remember everything crazy that you all have seen in KTM and write a book.
    I am so glad everything has gone great so far and that the Embassy meeting goes smooth tomorrow!!
    Kyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you could ever know how very excited I am for y'all! It is awesome that everything is going well so far. Enjoy that precious child every chance you get. I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete